Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 8 - Newaygo, MI to HOME!

We actually got up and on the road by 8am, so apparently it is possible to get out early when we put our minds to it. We made a quick stop for breakfast and were rolling on the miles by 8:30am. The day was mostly just pushing through the 290 miles to get back home on time to turn my rental bike in. We took a few breaks here and there but not for anything scenic, just butt and lunch breaks. I decorated Fat Bob with some pretty flowers at one of the rest stops, but they promptly blew off as soon as we headed down the road. We made it to Dad's around 3pm and I unloaded my bike. Then we headed to the public beach in Port Clinton to dip our fingers in Lake Erie, our last of the five lakes. Done! We then headed to the Sandusky Harley dealer to turn in "Fat Bob". Steve had to pull me off the bike, I just didn't want to say goodbye :( I put a total of 2,463 miles on FB, so that was the total loop around the lakes. Dad put about 50 more miles getting to and from the dealer, and Steve put on about 750 more miles driving to/from Ohio from Illinois. What a great trip we had!
Click here for pictures from our last day of riding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some great final pictures. Loved the one of you guys with both Grandmas, and the one of Dad and his bike. And of course poor Kristi being physically separated from Fat Bob. Looks like a wonderful trip, I'm glad you shared it with all of us.

Love ya!